A3: Creating and Sharing Maps
No Due Date
a discussion post
Create a map of your local class environment
Here are some questions to help you get started:
- “How can we make a map to tell KT where to go?”
- “How would you make a map that shows a human where to go?”
- See examples of a variety maps that have been made for telepresence robots before : Student Example Maps
Other Questions to keep in mind while you are making your maps:
- “How will the students in Alaska/Indiana know how far away this object is?”
- “What do we know about where the robot will be able to go? Where will it not be able to go? How can we show this on the map?”
- “What problems will the robot have moving around? How can you help the students in Alaska to avoid these problems with your map?”
Share your map
- Take a picture of your map
- Give a brief description of things you considered while making your map.
- Post this in the discussion thread and then reply to the map you think is the best in your class.
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.