Directions: To complete your speaking assignment, you will need to create an audio file on a computer. Take a moment to read the instructions for creating an audio file found at the Help Portal to learn how to do this. An additional online audio recorder may be found at Apowersoft.
Prepare your speaking assignment by writing out your responses to the exercises listed here before recording them aloud. Make only one recording for both exercises; precede each spoken answer with the exercise number. Remember to complete this part before submitting your written assignments below, or your assignment may be graded as incomplete. (18 points)
Assignment: Page 269, exercise 21. Write down your favorite recipe en español, using at least five ingredients and write out the steps to follow. Then read your recipe and the steps en español. Keep it simple: use the vocabulary you learned in this lesson and use commands for the steps. Try to say at least six sentences.
Directions: Submit this written assignment as one Word document. If you are using another word processor, please save the file in Rich Text Format (.rtf) so that it can be opened using Word. (82 points)
1. Do exercise 1 on page 274. Listen to the recipe and use words from the word bank to make a command in the usted form. Also add the correct direct object pronoun for the item(s) listed. (16 points)
2. Do exercise 2 on page 274. Write one complete sentence for each. Say that the item(s) in the sentence is the superlative of the correct adjective in the parentheses. (12 points)
3. Do exercise 3 on page 275. Write ustedes commands for each verb phrase given. (16 points)
4. Do exercise 4 on page 275. Write two complete commands for each. Make the first command positive and the second one negative. Make sure to use the direct object pronoun in each command. (24 points)
5. Do exercise 5 on page 275. Give short answers in Spanish about the cultural questions. Do not answer question 4 (that Lectura material is not on the DVD). If you don’t know the answers, look at the box to the left for page references. (10 points)
6. Write a short recipe of four directions. Use commands in the usted form. (4 points)
When you are ready to upload and submit your file(s), click "Submit Assignment" at the top right of the assignment page. In the “File Upload” area, click "Browse" to find your file. Select the file and click "Open." (If you are submitting multiple files, click on “Add Another File” and then repeat the previous process.) Finally, click “Submit Assignment.”
IMPORTANT: Be sure to attach and submit both the audio file and the file with your written work or your assignment will be graded as incomplete.