Directions: To complete your speaking assignment, you will need to create an audio file on a computer. Take a moment to read the instructions for creating an audio file found at the Help Portal to learn how to do this. An additional online audio recorder may be found at Apowersoft.
Prepare your speaking assignment by writing out your responses to the exercises listed here before recording them aloud. Make only one recording for both exercises; precede each spoken answer with the exercise number. Remember to complete this part before submitting your written assignments below, or your assignment may be graded as incomplete.
Assignment: Pages 294–95, Lectura cultural. Listen to the audio, read the article, and answer the questions 1 through 5 en español. Say two complete sentences for each question, and then answer the one question in ¿Y tú? Say two sentences for the question in ¿Y tú?
Directions: Submit this written assignment as one Word document. If you are using another word processor, please save the file in Rich Text Format (.rtf) so that it can be opened using Word. (75 total points)
1. Do exercise 1 on page 298. Listen and choose the logical answer for each. (14 points)
2. Do exercise 2 on page 298. If the sentence is negative, make it positive; if it is positive, make it negative. (16 points)
3. Do exercise 3 on page 299. Write mini conversations, following the example given. (18 points)
4. Do exercise 4 on page 299. Fill in each blank with a correct word or pronoun. (15 points)
5. Do exercise 5 on page 299. Give short answers in Spanish to the cultural questions. If you don’t know, look at the box to the left for page references. (12 points)
When you are ready to upload and submit your file(s), click "Submit Assignment" at the top right of the assignment page. In the “File Upload” area, click "Browse" to find your file. Select the file and click "Open." (If you are submitting multiple files, click on “Add Another File” and then repeat the previous process.) Finally, click “Submit Assignment.”
IMPORTANT: Be sure to attach and submit both the audio file and the file with your written work or your assignment will be graded as incomplete.