Are personal changes or travel imminent, or do you just need more space in your apartment to feel comfortable again, but you have no idea where to put all your things?
There are now many options for a wide variety of needs, each with different advantages and disadvantages. But what most of them have in common: They are expensive.
Often storage rooms, storerooms, or those looking for storage space are in the awkward position of needing a storage space for their furniture or other belongings as quickly as possible. Due to the chronic lack of space in large cities, available storage spaces at, for example, self-storage providers are usually not very centrally located and, as already mentioned, not particularly cheap.
In Dubai, whether you look for local services like ac maintenance to home repair, or lockable storage space, you can easily find. Even if it seems difficult at first glance to find the perfect storage space at an affordable price, these points should definitely be included in the selection of the various offers:
- Security: Are there any security measures such as video surveillance, fire alarms, or lockable doors?
- Insurance: does the provider offer insurance? Most of the time, your items outside of your household are also covered by household insurance, but you have to inform your insurer.
- Accessibility: How often can you access your things? Do you have to register with the landlord beforehand?
- Price: The total costs are of course related to the size of the storage space to be rented. Most of the time you get a cheaper price the longer you rent the storage room or storage space.
- Local proximity: Do you have to drive through the whole city first to be able to store or collect your things, or do you have a provider right around the corner?
- Size: Normally, basement compartments are about 10% of your living space. Of course, there are no limits here.
It helps, depending on the type and value of the items to be stored, to pay more attention to some of the above points than to others and to prioritize them accordingly.
Basically, a storage space seeker has several options to store his or her items safely and comfortably:
For many, the most obvious alternative is to store personal items with acquaintances, friends, or family. This may be a good idea for a short period of time, but it is usually not a good solution in the long term.
Storage with private providers
Storing personal items with private storage or storage space providers is a suitable alternative for those who shy away from the high costs or long distances of self-storage solutions or moving companies. Especially in large cities, private storage options are often available within a few minutes' walk and cost only a fraction of what professional storage space providers charge for storage in Dubai.
You can find many offers for storage in Dubai, warehouses or parking spaces, as well as underground parking spaces for private individuals, by searching for Storage Me
Professional self-storage provider
The range of self-storage options has increased significantly in recent years. The large warehouses, which have been established in the USA for a long time, are increasingly gaining ground in Dubai. There are also a number of new Dubai companies that can offer customers storage compartments from small to large depending on their needs.
Locally based moving companies regularly offer the storage of items. However, storage is often linked to a move and the available capacities are limited.
If only a few items, especially small items, are to be stored, special collection services can be used. The storage provider provides the person storing the boxes with boxes that can be packed from home and released for collection. The storage boxes are then kept in central warehouses for the agreed time.
No matter where you store something, it is always good to sign a rental agreement. That's the end of this article, we hope that our readers would find it helpful.